Welcome

I hope that something I write is able to move you or simply bring a smile to your face and brighten your day even if it's for a mere second!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

"The Tragedies of Yesterday don't have to be the Tragedies of Today"

--That's the blessing of a New day, the possibilities that accompany it, the opportunities, and choices are all ours-all new, if we choose to make them so. As I looked around at the fast changing events of yesterday I was overwhelmed with joy; it was a reminder that life is forever evolving around me, and it's a matter of what perspective I choose to focus on while analyzing the details that surround me. The day began with pouring rain, but as the day progressed it slowly faded out and the Nimbostratus clouds(aka Rain Clouds) were replaced by beautiful full of life - Cumulus clouds. It was a beautiful sight as I sat outside and enjoyed the warmth that the sunlight was bringing, and how in only a matter of hours the atmosphere around me had pulled a complete 180. Everyday I try to remind myself of the simple fact that life is out of my control- we may think we have a lot of control on the situations that happen to us, but the reality of it is we don't. But that's okay, by me accepting this fact, I can relieve myself of most pressures to try to fix things or change them into what I want them to be. Instead I've learned to try to make the most of my life, by choosing to focus on the optimistic side of things. Take yesterdays for example, I know a lot of people were probably choosing to complain about the weather and that's perfectly fine, it's their choice; however, does complaining about anything ever change it?--No. All it does is put us in a sappy mood, that's my experience with it at least. So if we know it has that affect on us why do we do it?? My theory is because it's the easier course of action, it's easier to blame someone else for the things we don't like, it's easier to push our responsibilities off on some other excuse, but it's not the solution. To me every day is a blessing regardless of how smooth sailing or tough ridding its outcome may be, it's a blessing to be alive and experiencing life every chance I get. So when I wake up in the morning and regardless if I find it raining or shining, I put a smile on because I'm alive; breathing, healthy and strong, and that's what counts in my book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment