Welcome

I hope that something I write is able to move you or simply bring a smile to your face and brighten your day even if it's for a mere second!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

"Take a Walk Down Memory Lane"

Today I found myself distracted with the allusions to my past as I sorted through my belongings. It amazes me how we hold on to stuff, and the simple sight of an object can bring a flash of the past to our presence. As I sorted through everything I found myself really considering whether the items I was holding on to were essential mementos/necessities or just junk accumulating in boxes. I've really been trying to buckle down and not get attached to materialistic items, if I'm not going to use it or if it doesn't hold a special place in my heart what is the point of holding on to something that can be useful to someone else? After about four hours of going through my memory box, my clothes, and everything in my closet I ended up bagging up a good amount of things that I was holding on to "just cause". I got especially lost as I read over old letters I had in my memory box, I love how the power of a few simple words can shine light on my day and bring a smile across my face. After sitting back once everything was cleaned up it truly hit me how blessed I have it, I have so much in my life to be grateful for-whereas some people wish they had the money for this or the money for that- I'm able have an abundant amount to the point where I'm getting rid of this and that. I try to embrace my life for what it is and not take a second of it for granted, always reminding myself that I owe everything to the Big Man upstairs, Heavenly Father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment