Welcome

I hope that something I write is able to move you or simply bring a smile to your face and brighten your day even if it's for a mere second!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

"Don't Take Life for Granted"

Life is precious, it has the power to bring us from tears one second to joy and laughter the next. I yearn for the opportunities to be carefree, to loose myself in the moment. There has to be something said about being able to find the strength to look our fears in the eye and accept our mistakes for what they are, not denying for a minute our responsibility in the actions we took. Today I embrace the events of my past because they've taught me to love life for what it is- imperfections and all- but why does being unique or different have to be a bad thing? It doesn't. There is no perfect life or perfect this or that, there's just what you choose is the source to your happiness. I've come to learn and accept that I'm bound to fall numerous times throughout this wonderful journey I call life, I will hurt, laugh, cry, but through all those moments I will thank God for giving me everything he has. I have a roof over my head, food as a source of energy, clothes to cover my body, and most of all the ability to do the simple things that bring joy to my life. Were all just trying to find our way in life as we learn about others and ourselves everyday. I want to share my life and experience with the people whom I love, I want to wake up in the morning and be able to remember the events of yesterday, I want to learn to cope with tough times instead of seeking an escape from drugs or alcohol.  Life is subjective and it's what we choose to make of it. If were able to make the small things as heart felt as the big things we may come to find that happiness will be amongst us more often than not.

1 comment:

  1. Alexis what a beloved child of God you are and I am so blessed to apart of your life! This post & all those in the past are all answered prayers!!!! Thank you Jesus for hearing all my prayers over the years to draw Alexis closer to you and cries for help to restore this beautiful, intelligent young woman into a wonderful child of God !!! I am so very proud of you Alexis and so excited that no matter where in life we both are we will always be connected through our lord and savior Jesus Christ, we get to have an eternity together with our Maker!!!! I love you dearly half way across the world & will continue to cover you in prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete