Welcome

I hope that something I write is able to move you or simply bring a smile to your face and brighten your day even if it's for a mere second!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

"Don't Let Negativity Bring You Down"

The other day I was visiting with a friend, and she brought up how someone was angry with God because they felt as if he had let them down because bad things were happening in their life; having God be apart of your life does not mean that you are exempt from tragedies happening to you, it just means that you will be better equipped with the skills to handle those tough times with God by your side. I feel that people seek the wrong results when turning to God, they assume he will be the shield protecting them from anything bad happening, and this is not the case (at least in my opinion). I asked God to come into my life because I want to learn from him; I want to be able to turn to him anytime, whether good or bad and know that he will always be there for me; I want to be able to push through the tough times because I have faith that it will soon pass just like everything does eventually, but most all I want to take the bad experiences and use the blessing of God to turn them into good ones- that I can learn from and value later in life when faced with similar incidences. I have come to find I tend to value the tough times in my life more than the easy ones, because due to the growth and strength I have gained from every difficult time, the new tough moments don't seem to appear to be as tough and I am able to handle them with more grace and optimism. When good things happen to me I remind myself to never take my Lord and Savior for granted because he has brought so much love and happiness to my life, everything good in me is a product of his presence in my life! This is my advice- don't go through life sad and resentful, everyday is a blessing that you're alive; everyday is an opportunity for a new beginning; everyday is what you choose to make of it. I choose to make it a grateful one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment