Welcome

I hope that something I write is able to move you or simply bring a smile to your face and brighten your day even if it's for a mere second!

Monday, October 3, 2011

"Learning to Forgive"

It's never an easy process, learning to let go and realize people are only humans and they may make mistakes just as you and I have done many times ourselves. I've come to a point where I know I have to let go of the idea I have of others and accept them for who they are, including the choices they may make - even if I don't personally agree with them, truly loving my friends and family for who they are. I am forever grateful for the relationships I have developed over the years and despite all the hard times it only strengthened them in the end. How can I not forgive my lovely friends and family members when God so graciously has forgiven me for my many mistakes and broken promises. People evolve, hopefully into better people, and even if I don't believe their changes are in their best interest I have to be a good friend and be there for them and support them just as they did for me. It's not my job to dictate other people's lives, but it is my job to TRY to walk in the way of God's path, which means to forgive, to love, and to keep faith, that eventually they will see the light and find their way back just as I have. A person can only be pushed so much before the bond is broken. I want to be a friend who instead of forcing my friends to do as I would, leads by example, that they will be able to see the grace of God shinning through my life and ask themselves how they can aspire to be close to him as well, but it is not something I can force upon them, they have to want it purely on their own. I have come to the realization that time and life goes by to quickly, so why waste it bickering over irrelevant things-she said this, he did that- what it really comes down to is, do you care for this person? If the answers yes, love them for who they are, and try to build them up when they are down, spend your time laughing over life, smiling more often, and remembering its all a blessing to be alive and sharing the company of another! Friendship is truly a gift from God, be thankful for it and don't take it for granted. 

1 comment:

  1. This brought many smiles in one sitting. I hope you know how grateful I am to have you in my life. You're words are always encouraging and although it gets tougher and tougher to speak to you in person and hear that great advice, I'm looking forward to reading your posts and reflecting. By the way you are AMAZING !
    -Cynthia

    ReplyDelete