Welcome

I hope that something I write is able to move you or simply bring a smile to your face and brighten your day even if it's for a mere second!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

"Hurtful Words"

It puzzles me why it doesn't require effort to be rude, impatient and self-centered; while it does require work to be kind, patient, and self-less. Right now I'm trying to juggle the emotions of finding out that someone I thought I could trust would go about spreading hurtful words about me. How can someone look another person in the eyes and lie straight to their face? The only conclusion I could draw was that this person is weak, and they are clinging to any opportunity to belittle others to bring themselves up. Instead of turning around and lashing out at this person for their wrong deeds, I have chosen that I will pray for them, because they obviously need help-as do we all. Trust is a very delicate and precious thing to obtain from another; it's inevitable that we are going to say things we don't necessarily mean from time to time when we're-angry, hurt, or just not thinking straight. Our best choice of action to take after this is to come to terms with our inappropriate behavior and apologize sincerely and just TRY to learn from it and not repeat such actions. At first I was pretty heated over what I'd heard-here I was so oblivious to the things this person was doing behind my back-but now reflecting over the matter I've chosen to take the high road. I can't control whether people choose to believe such words, all I can do is continue to try to be the person that I believe God wants me to be. This is a weight lifted off my shoulders as I relinquish myself from the burden of correcting someone else's wrong. It's not my responsibility to clear up someone else's mess- I am who I am- and anyone who knows me knows the type of person I am. To finish off- I'm no better than anyone else, I struggle and am rude as well, but today I know I don't have to be, if I take the extra moment to remind myself that I don't know what is going on in other peoples lives I can realize that things are not usually personal. Take for example when someone is rude in a grocery store it's not because you've done anything- they probably are dealing with a lot and are hurting right now in their life, so try to take that into consideration and shine some light on their life by brushing off their behavior and returning it with kindness. You may be surprised the difference you could make in someone else's day- let alone maybe their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment