Welcome

I hope that something I write is able to move you or simply bring a smile to your face and brighten your day even if it's for a mere second!

Friday, October 7, 2011

"No One Ever Said Growing Up Was Easy"

Decisions are not always easy, change is not always comfortable, but it's an inevitable step in life. As I reflect over my decisions about my future I'm scared beyond the depths of my imagination, overwhelmed with the ideas of the unknown; Will I be missed? Will it be everything I hope it will be? Will I ever return?...these questions can drive a person mad, but I find peace and reassurance in my decisions because nothing has to be permanent and that is the beauty in life; it's forever evolving we just learn to adapt and adjust to the many changes life brings our way. To not take a leap of faith in life because of fear would be a very sad way to life ones life, (in my opinion at least) I want to experience moments of sadness because then when I experience life I can be truly grateful for the small moments; something exciting doesn't have to be happening every minute of my life in order to make it pleasant. I live for the moments where I sit in peace watching life around me, as the butterflies flutter about- reminding me of the natural beauty that can be found in everyday life, if your willing to look for it. The hardest part about my future is knowing that I'm about to say, "Farewell" to the three men that mean the world to me, apart from God of course, my father, brother, and grandfather. So I've decided it doesn't have to be a sad day of good-byes, but instead I'll be saying, "See You Soon" because while my life may be pushing me in a new direction right now, I will never forget who got me to this stage in my life. There are not enough words to express how much love and gratitude I have for my dad. He's such a wonderful man, he goes to great lengths to make others happy-especially me, he has seriously become someone I admire with all my heart and I hope to someday marry a man that can live up to the great man he is and how happy he has made me. Most girls don't bond with their fathers, but God has blessed me with a blossoming relationship with mine, I'm able to be honest with him, talk about my future, and seek clarification from him when troubling times come my way. This will be tough for me, being so far away from him; but everyday I will carry you with me in my heart- dad. I will try to make you proud by being intelligent with my choices, patient with life, and kind hearted to others, like you raised me up to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment