Welcome

I hope that something I write is able to move you or simply bring a smile to your face and brighten your day even if it's for a mere second!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

"Just Another Part of Life"

The beauty of rain drops, as they make that peaceful melody that sets our minds at ease. I'll admit I use to dislike rain; it was so cold, so wet, so inconvenient to what I wanted at that time and moment. However, as I've grown up over the course of these past couple years I've grown to love and appreciate what rain brings to my life. It's more than just a weather that rejuvenates life and the greenery around me, but it's symbolic. I see it as a new beginning, washing away the impurities of the past and starting anew, fresh, lively with a new sense of being. As I laid down to relax last night and grabbed myself a good read before calling it a day, I was accompanied with an atmosphere of relaxation as the rain drops tapped against my window. To me weather and God are connected; I think of the blessings of cleansing away my sins. We all have mistakes, failures, or poor decisions from our past that we are not too proud of, but today I know I don't have to live a life of resentment and shame; I can hold my head up proudly and know God has forgiven me. Instead I try to learn from those experiences and strengthen my knowledge for future choices in hopes that the second time around I will make better judgements and hopefully not hurt myself or anyone else in the process. It is easy to live a life of selfishness and impatience, but God has taught me that it is more rewarding to be selfless and patient. It's in the moments where I wait and have faith that God will take care of me that I truly feel blessed. I no longer stress over everything, need to have them my way and when I want them. Which leads me back to the rain, even though it may not go accordingly to my plans for the day, it brings an element to my day and makes me grateful for the little things, like the warmth of soup, close gatherings around the fireplace, candle lit rooms; it's a phase of life just like the process of growing up, its an essential part of life that shouldn't be taken for granted and looked down upon, but rather uplifting and embraced for representing that life is unpredictable and a changing process--to live a predictable life would be boring, to never experience anything new or exciting, but instead to be fixed which to me seems like no way to live life to the fullest. I jump for opportunities of growth, moments that push me to my limits, but strengthen my soul in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment