Welcome

I hope that something I write is able to move you or simply bring a smile to your face and brighten your day even if it's for a mere second!

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Accomplishments of Life


So it's been way too long since I've written anything meaningful on my blog. Lately I've been juggling my hopes, dreams, desires for my life and the impact I hope to make in this world. The more time I spend thinking about what I hope to gain in life, the more I find what I do is somewhat silly. The majority of my life is spent submerged in my studies, but in the end of the day what does this really accomplish in my life: financial security- materialistic things. This is an ever ending battle that I find myself trying to rise above- I do not want to let the trials of life to blind me of what I truly want in life: an that is a life filled with meaning and significance that reflects the daughter God created me to be.
     A personal struggle I deal with is the pressure to be the best I can be; sometimes I forget I am only human and I can't be great at it all, because it's God's greatness that is my real strength and at times I will be destined to fall. However, over the course of the short life I've lived so far it's been these trials and struggles that have forced me to grow into a better me! All I can expect of myself is to handle each situation as it comes, learning to call upon God when I am weak to be my strength through these difficult times.
   When my dad and I get into one of our deep talks about life I tell him how I sometimes feel like I'm not living my life; I can get so eager for my life to progress to the point where I can be done with school that I forget to enjoy the present moments in my life. It's when I take a step back and ask myself why do I think God has me experiencing the things I am in my life that I am able to appreciate everyone and everything in my life right now instead of focusing on getting it all over. It's a sad thing when I notice that some people who once were especially important to me have slowly drifted out, but there has also been new faces that have blossomed within my life and slowly began to develop roots of importance and meaning to me, people I wouldn't trade for anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment