Welcome

I hope that something I write is able to move you or simply bring a smile to your face and brighten your day even if it's for a mere second!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"Taking One Day at a Time"

This past week has been a challenge for me; at moments I ask why I put myself in such a vulnerable situation-totally alone without a soul whom I feel can relate to me, BUT that's when God reminds me I am not alone- I have him, I have my sister and other family members, I have my Dad and brother, and I have my friends. While some of these people may not physically be here with me experiencing everything right beside me they are with me through the power of friendship and the bonds formed between father and daughter or siblings. I am so grateful for my life, and while it is easy to get stuck in the mind set that "this completely sucks" I am grateful for the experience and opportunity to be here for my beautiful baby sister whom to my surprise needs me just as much as I need her right now. A while back while I was living in California I asked God to bless my life with personal challenges so that I could grow both mentally and spiritually and I already see that beginning to happen. It's in our moments of struggle and weakness where we are pushed to our limits and come out a stronger person. Growing up is not an easy process, but again I am thankful because some people don't get such opportunities to further their education and strive for their dreams, some people don't get to even live this far into their life. Everyday is a blessing "If I choose to make it so" the power of our minds can be so influential in how we live our daily lives and can totally transform a lousy day into a enjoyable one. 


I want to Personally Thank all my family and friends for being my backbone in these days of adjustment, where at moments I feel like crying like a baby or screaming at the top of my lungs LOL but somehow manage to find the strength to push through them and attempt to see the good in it. I love you all and hope to make you proud in my journey of self discovery and personal improvement. No one said Growing up was easy, but it can be self rewarding =]

No comments:

Post a Comment